readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks "When i was seventeen, my life changed forever..."

Not many of us are lucky enough to find love at a very young age, but this story tells us that despite different circumstances love will surely find a way if it is really meant for you. This is simply a sweet story of young and everlasting love between Jamie Sullivan and Landon Carter. I remember watching the movie adaptation of this when i was younger and yes, i cried and fell in love with it but after reading this it makes me fall in love and cry again. The good thing about this one is that the story and the characters seem to be so real. The story makes us want to believe that love is there, it is pure and the goodness will always win at the end. It is bittersweet, tragic and yet spiritual in some ways for it says that of you believe, miracles can do happen. It is a very moving book, though Landon told the readers that there will be joy and sadness, eventually the tears will still come. And tears do come. For Me.

A typical Nicholas Sparks Novel, which would make you smile and feel in love but yet the tragedy is still there. The movie might end up in a tragic way, but on my own understanding after reading it, it ends on a good note for Landon states that:

"I smile slightly, looking toward the sky, knowing there's one thing I still haven't told you: I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen."