readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

The Peach Keeper - Sarah Addison Allen Let me start by saying that I'm really looking forward in reading this book. Why? Yea, because i cant help but get really curious on what other twists will Sarah Addison Allen would put on her other books. So i'm pretty looking forward in reading this. haha.

In a place called The Walls of Water in North Carolina where the secrets are thicker than the fog from the town's famous waterfalls, Willa Jackson has mixed feelings about the restoration of her family home - which they lost years ago due to financial constraints - by Paxton Osgood, scion of a prominent local family. On one hand, Willa has tried to move past her family’s scandals and establish her independence. But on the other, she can’t help but sneak up to the house and witness the transformation occurring before her eyes. When she unexpectedly meets Colin, Paxton’s brother, up at the site, it sets in motion a chain of events that will reveal the mysteries in Willa’s and Paxton’s pasts.

Same as other Addison books, its an easy read. The mood is very light and you would never have the urge to put it down for it held you attention and curiosity and you would want to finish it all the way. The storyline is so finesse. A simple story with a little twist of history and mystery it would make you think of what secret really lies beneath that place. I like the little encounters of Willa and Paxton to their grandmothers who may have the key to the secret that lies within the place. The presence of the romantic partners of Paxton and Willa. First on Paxton, she is with a man in the name of Sebastian but not sure about him because of the things she saw on the past about him. But as the story goes, they face each others difficulties and at least end up happy with one another. :) As for Willa, she is connected with a man named Colin which is Paxton's twin brother and with him on the view, Willa's outlook on things changes.

In all, The Peach Keeper is a simple, easy and fun read. It has an interesting story and the characters are endearing and fun. YEY! :)