readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Jeff Kinney My curiosity about this book is kinda late since it came out 3 or 4 years ago (if Wikipedia is not mistaken :p) but even my subconscious mind can't keep me from being curious about this. The book was simply written with no twists and turns or so on, it was a very straightforward one. The story mainly focuses on the everyday life of Greg Heffley who is a middle school student. He asks his mom to get him a notebook/journal but gets him a diary instead, but as Greg says "Don't expect me to be Dear Diary This or Dear Diary That".

The story mainly relates the different hardships Greg Faces in Middle School for he really wants to be popular. He joined different programs, do epic things (which fails) and other Random stuffs to get the attention of the people on his school.One of the funniest thing I've read on this book is the Magical "Cheese Touch", which became a link throughout their school. It was a very light book which is good whenever you feel sad or something. It makes you smile and think of the things you've also done during Middle School. The drawings and the journal type pages of the book adds up to the humor and lightness of it. It would make you feel young again. Just remember "Don't Touch the Cheese". hihi :)