readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Silver Heart - Victoria  Green During their younger years,

She's the one with the ideal life ahead; the girl who always knows what her next step would be; While He was trapped in a world of unpredictability and hurdles.

At the present time,

He was the one who made it - achieved his dreams and so sure of his next and every move while She was left to do the things that her parents want her to do.

----

Ahhh. Winter setting! I love the snow, the hoodies, snowboarding, lodge, and extreme activities. Silver Hearts definitely hits one of my favorite settings! Plus the whole atmosphere of the story was so fitting for it.

The characters on this book are all okay except for the fact that I can't help but feel oh so frustrated with Dylan! Well, I really can't blame her for always doing what her parents wanted her to do but even for a single time why can't she stick up for herself? Sigh. But I do commend her for taking the path thru her self discovery, independence, strength and her love for Sawyer. She was not perfect but you could clearly see the effort that she’s making to get thru it. (Take that Dylan’s parents!)

Sawyer, on the other hand, despite all the rocks that life has thrown on his way, he made it. He achieved his dreams and is now not hesitant with life for he has his control over it now. He’s sweet, good, flirty, funny and one of those famous people who are never arrogant.

I love every waking moment that these two are together - their connection is really there. Plus the whole 'Silver Medal' thing that Sawyer uses for Dylan was too sweet. Their relationship has acceptance, support and understanding even after years of not seeing each other. I like how the author lets us see glimpses of their past and how their relationship/friendship works then.

Another thing is that the whole story doesn’t stand on too much drama and angst so it was a refreshing thing for me since I think I've already read too much of those to last me a lifetime! There are some miscommunications and misunderstandings here and there but things are not so heavy.

A little side not though, I wanted to see how all the confrontation between Dylan and her parents happened. It seems like the story only toched a small bit of it but seeing the confrontation throughout as to how her parents would truly react would’ve been nice.

It was an easy and simple contemporary/NA read. Definitely suits my mood since I've read during one of those rainy nights here in Manila. It was a poignant and hot and the lack of too much angst and drama is so refreshing.