readsandthoughts

Reads and Thoughts

Frigid - J Lynn I'm one of those 'waiting-on-the-edge-of-my-seat-munching-popcorns' for the release of Frigid. After J.Lynn's smashing hit into the new adult scene with Waiting For You - us fans of hers is waiting for this next one. With its awesome cover and swoony blurb and to kill teasers, what's there not to be excited about Frigid right?

He fights his desire for her. She is looking for the courage to tell him how she feels.

---
Kyler Quinn and Sydney Bell - best friends and have been inseparable since childhood. They're two different sides of a coin - our guy was the love ‘em and leave ‘em type while Sydney is the one who doesn’t like to let loose and let much of control go - very much frigid. A night stranded in a ski resort could be the doom of their friendship or the start of their romance.
---

Honestly, there is nothing bad a bout this book. It was okay and I even finished it in one sitting. So what happened here and to my 3 stars rating? Well, it would have been only 2 stars but I'm feeling generous enough. The not so high rating is for several reasons in fact...

I’m overly excited about this that upon acquiring a copy and started reading it I'm eating up every word through the first few chapters. The writing is still flawless as ever and the dialogue still has the same magic that J.Lynn always has – its ability to to give the readers a real feel to the story. So what happened? Well, I guess the overall familiarity of the plot didn’t work well for me, I see nothing new about it. It was too predictable and cliché - makes me roll my eyes and even scratch my head at times.

Of course, as I’m still reading it I’m keeping my fingers crossed for it to give us at least something new, something that would make Frigid different from any contemporaries out there but unfortunately I didn’t quite see something that booming about it. I'm looking for something spectacular, mind-blowing and firework inducing scene on the story - its all in the mellow and predictable stage. I guess, I was expecting too much from it that when it didn’t reach up to that it leaves me high and dry.

Tested friendship, high emotions, extreme misunderstandings, drama, suppressed feelings encompasses this book. It was a great mix of this all but I guess it was just too familiar for me. Oh and there is a mystery mixed in with the story and honestly saying it was out of place and was too forced to be put in the story.

Sydney and Kyler are characters that are easy to go through. They’re the type of characters that is 'what you see is what you get' types. They’re not annoying and I truly adore what they have. There is no doubt in me that they will not be together. Don’t get me wrong, the characters are good and Kyler definitely put the "oo" in swoon but Cam and Daemon still ranks up on my list. I’m looking for a development from both of them.

See, there is really nothing wrong with this book. I guess I just have too much expectations and I already have my own dose of these types of stories so I tend to get picky every now and then but if its one of your first for sure it would be more than okay for you. Nonetheless, if you’re looking for an easy read which would make you feel lovey-dovey and stuff alike pick this one up.